Friday, November 14, 2008

Slamming It OUT!!

Dozing Off... Zzzz...
by Grace Tay

I want to soar, soar with the wings of eagle
Within the height of the deep blue sky.
I want to be free, free of burden,
Excuse myself from the boundless tasks given.

Yet, I’m stuck in my cubicle in Casa Subang,
So tightly coiled in knots of rope.
Piles of homework drown me deep,
Make me suffocate, lack of sleep.

Panda eyes that darken no less,
Drooping eyelids are strained to stay open.
Restless soul without any shine,
Snooze off while queuing in a line.

The morning breeze is no longer fresh,
Polluted with screams and traffic jams.
Incessant honking rings in the air,
Strip my thoughts and conscience so bare.

Can’t I doze off for just a moment?
I crave for sleep, for better alert.
Would I ever reach my paradise,
of zero worries and frustrations?

Would time pause for a moment,
And wait for those who are still behind His steps?
Would time freeze for a second,
And make the slumber more valuable?

Sleep is a never-ending marathon,
Where the path seems endless,
Forcing those in pursuit of Him
To continue their chase.

Yet after the long tiring pursue of Him,
I still yearn for His presence.
For it is He who
Soothes my mind further and provokes me to fly.

copyright protected.2008

0 comments: